Working from home? Here’s what you need to know.
- Employers withhold city income tax based on where the work is performed.
What if I reside and work in Grove City?
- If your employer is based in Grove City, the employer should withhold your taxes.
- If your employer is not based in Grove City and you are working from home, please ask your employer to begin withholding taxes for Grove City.
- Even if you don’t work from home every day, your employer is required to withhold income taxes for Grove City on the days you work from home.
Will I have to file multiple income tax returns if I work from the office in one city and from home in a different city?
- In most cases no, you are not required to file multiple returns.
- Grove City residents are required to file an annual income tax return with the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA), accessible on the RITA website, whether your employer’s primary location is Grove City or elsewhere.
- Even if your withholdings are for another jurisdiction, you must file a return through RITA due to your Grove City residency.
If I’m paying income taxes, does it really matter who I pay it to?
- Yes, we ask everyone to comply with State law by confirming your arrangement with whoever handles payroll for your employer.
What if I need clarification to talk to my employer or have questions about my specific arrangement?
- RITA collects income tax for the City of Grove City.
- Contact RITA at 1-800-860-7482 or visit the RITA website.