ACTIVITY STATUS UPDATES
All activities are as scheduled.
Parks and Recreation Inclement Weather Policy
Grove City Parks and Recreation programs may be canceled due to inclement weather. Please reference this page or call the Weather Update/Information Line at 614-277-3060 for cancellations, delays or program-specific details.
If the South-Western City School District closes due to inclement weather, all classes and programs offered through the Parks and Recreation Department (this includes activities at the Evans Center and Gantz Barn) are canceled.
If poor weather develops during the afternoon, a decision to cancel evening classes and programs is made by 3 p.m. or as soon as conditions present.
In the case of poor weather/driving conditions on Saturday or Sunday, a decision on whether to conduct programs and classes is made by 8 a.m. on Saturday and noon on Sunday.
Grove City Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Update | May 10
Due to ongoing issues with COVID-19 and directives from the State of Ohio, Grove City Parks and Recreation instituted the following policies and procedures until further notice:
Sports and Facilities
- The following baseball and softball diamonds are available for public use when not already being used for Grove City Parks and Recreation activities on a first-come, first-served basis: Windsor Park fields 7, 8 and 11; Fryer Park East 1-4 and West 1-4; and Evans Park.
- Outdoor shelters are available for reservations and are open for walk-up usage when not reserved. Please note that the number of tables in the shelters has been reduced to aid with social distancing; do not move tables.
- Water to outdoor restrooms and water fountains is ON.
Childcare and Preschool
- P.A.R.K. is following a schedule based on the SWCSD environment. Participants attend P.A.R.K. only on days they are scheduled for onsite learning.
- Registration for Before- and After-school P.A.R.K. for the 2020-2021 school year is open to the public. Available spots are filled on a first-come basis based upon the time of application. Some sites are at capacity, so call 614-277-3050 to confirm space is still available before attempting to register.
- Visit the RecSchool page for information on the preschool program at Gantz Park.
- June and July classes are available for registration. Check out The June-July Source for details.
- May class registration is available, check out The April-May Source for details.
- Looking for ideas to keep you and your family engaged as you stay at home? Check out some of our suggestions on the Source at Home page.
- Parks and paths remain open to the public; please maintain social distancing of six feet and keep to small groups. Please use your best judgement, adhere to social distancing (six or more feet between members of your family and other people) and practice increased hygiene efforts. If you feel ill or have a reasonable suspicion you may have been exposed to the virus, please stay home.
- The following amenities are available with certain restrictions; please follow posted signage to help prevent further closures:
- Basketball hoops/courts
- Tennis and pickleball courts at Windsor Park
- Tennis courts at Gantz Park
- The Grove City Skate Park
- Off-leash dog areas in Breck Community Park
- Outdoor shelters for walk-up usage
- The Big Splash will reopen Saturday, May 29, 2021. The Big Splash is available to season pass holders only and those pass holders must reserve one of three “waves” for each day they wish to use the facility. The facility is closed between waves for cleaning.
- The splash pad at Fryer Park will reopen Tuesday, June 1.
Offices/Parks and Recreation Operated Buildings
- The Parks and Recreation Office in the Kingston Center is closed to walk-in transactions. Staff will respond to calls and emails. For urgent in-person matters, please contact the office at 614-277-3050 to make an appointment.
- The following building operated by the Parks and Recreation Department are closed to the public; staff will respond to calls and emails: the Evans Center. All services provided by Evans Center, including the lunch site and transportation program, are canceled.
- The following buildings operated by the Parks and Recreation Department are open for registered program participants only and are closed to the public; staff will respond to calls and emails: Kingston Center, Gantz Barn and Gantz Farmhouse.
- The following buildings are closed with no staff: Grant-Sawyer Home and Century Village.
- The Eagle Pavilion is available for reservation at reduced capacity.
- Visit the Grove City Welcome Center and Museum webpage for status and hours.
This is a dynamic situation, so all policies are subject to change without warning. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during this challenging time.