ACTIVITY STATUS UPDATES
- November classes & programs: canceled due to community spread of COVID-19.
- December classes & programs: canceled due to community spread of COVID-19.
- Youth Basketball: the start of youth basketball practices is delayed until the week of Jan. 4.
Parks and Recreation Inclement Weather Policy
Grove City Parks and Recreation programs may be canceled due to inclement weather. Please reference this page or call the Weather Update/Information Line at 614-277-3060 for cancellations, delays or program-specific details.
If the South-Western City School District closes due to inclement weather, all classes and programs offered through the Parks and Recreation Department (this includes activities at the Evans Center and Gantz Barn) are canceled.
If poor weather develops during the afternoon, a decision to cancel evening classes and programs is made by 3 p.m. or as soon as conditions present.
In the case of poor weather/driving conditions on Saturday or Sunday, a decision on whether to conduct programs and classes is made by 8 a.m. on Saturday and noon on Sunday.
Grove City Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Update | Nov. 24
Due to ongoing issues with COVID-19 and directives from the State of Ohio, Grove City Parks and Recreation instituted the following policies and procedures until further notice:
- Parks and paths remain open to the public; please maintain social distancing of six feet and keep to small groups. Please use your best judgement, adhere to social distancing (six or more feet between members of your family and other people) and practice increased hygiene efforts. If you feel ill or have a reasonable suspicion you may have been exposed to the virus, please stay home.
- The following facilities are open with certain restrictions; please follow posted signage to help prevent further closures:
- Basketball hoops/courts
- Tennis and pickleball courts at Windsor Park
- Tennis courts at Gantz Park
- The Grove City Skate Park
- Off-leash dog areas in Breck Community Park
- The Big Splash and the Splash pad at Fryer Park will reopen Saturday, May 29, 2021. See you next summer!
Offices/Parks and Recreation Operated Buildings
- The Parks and Recreation Office in the Kingston Center is closed to walk-in transactions. Staff will respond to calls and emails. For urgent in-person matters, please contact the office at 614-277-3050 to make an appointment.
- The following building operated by the Parks and Recreation Department are closed to the public; staff will respond to calls and emails: the Evans Center. All services provided by Evans Center, including the lunch site and transportation program, are canceled.
- The following buildings operated by the Parks and Recreation Department are open for registered program participants only and are closed to the public; staff will respond to calls and emails: Kingston Center, Gantz Barn and Gantz Farmhouse.
- The following buildings are closed with no staff: Grant-Sawyer Home and Century Village.
- The Grove City Welcome Center and Museum is open.
- The Eagle Pavilion is not available for rentals.
Sports and Facilities
- Youth basketball leagues are delayed until after SWCSD winter break. Visit the basketball page for details.
- The following baseball and softball diamonds are available for public use when not already being used for Grove City Parks and Recreation activities on a first-come, first-served basis: Windsor Park fields 7, 8 and 11; Fryer Park East 1-4 and West 1-4; and Evans Park. New reservations are not being accepted.
- Outdoor shelters are available for walk-up usage. Previously made reservations for shelters will be honored, but no new reservations are being accepted.
Be aware that the number of tables in the shelters has been reduced to aid with social distancing; do not move tables.
- Water to outdoor restrooms and water fountains is shut off for the season.
Childcare and Preschool
- P.A.R.K. is currently suspended as the SWCSD has returned to remote learning. P.A.R.K. will resume when student return to onsite learning.
- Registration for Before- and After-school P.A.R.K. for the 2020-2021 school year is open to the public. Available spots are filled on a first-come basis based upon the time of application. Some sites are at capacity, so call 614-277-3050 to confirm space is still available before attempting to register.
- P.A.R.K. is available to registered participants on days the child is scheduled to attend school. The Highland Park is currently unavailable due to staffing issues.
- RecSchool is suspended through December.
- November and December classes and programs are canceled due to the increase in COVID-19.
- January classes are available for registration. Find details in the Source.
- Looking for ideas to keep you and your family engaged as you stay at home? Check out some of our suggestions on the Source at Home page.
This is a dynamic situation, so all policies are subject to change without warning. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Pandemic Child Care
Action for Children’s website hosts information for families including an interactive map of the ODJFS-approved Temporary Pandemic Child Care programs in Franklin and the surrounding counties. Action for Children will update the map twice daily as the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services approves new programs and some programs request removal. Families can also submit a help request online or call specialists at 614-224-0222, ext. 299, for help connecting with a provider.
Please refer families and employers that might need Temporary Pandemic child care to Action for Children’s website.