Splash Pad | The Splash Pad in Fryer Park will run during normal hours when possible, but may shut off unexpectedly due to a mechanical issue. A part is on order, so a permanent solution should be in place soon.
Parks and Recreation Inclement Weather Policy
Grove City Parks and Recreation programs may be canceled due to adverse weather or field conditions.
Please reference this page or call the Weather Update/Information Line at 614-277-3060 for cancellations, delays or program-specific details.
If the South-Western City School District closes due to inclement weather, all classes and programs offered through the Parks and Recreation Department (this includes activities at the Evans Center and Gantz Barn) are canceled.
If poor weather develops during the afternoon, a decision to cancel evening classes and programs is made by 3 p.m. or as soon as conditions present.
In the case of poor weather/driving conditions on Saturday or Sunday, a decision on whether to conduct programs and classes is made by 8 a.m. on Saturday and noon on Sunday.
Grove City Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Update | June 2
Offices/Parks and Recreation Operated Buildings
- The Parks and Recreation Office in the Kingston Center is open for walk-in transactions. Visitors must complete a temperature check before entering the office. If not vaccinated, please wear a mask.
- The Gantz Barn and Gantz Farmhouse are open for normal activities. Visitors must complete a temperature check upon entering. If not vaccinated, please wear a mask.
- The Evans Center is closed to the public; staff will respond to calls and emails. All services provided by Evans Center, including the lunch site and transportation program, are canceled.
- The Eagle Pavilion is available for reservation.
- Visit the Grove City Welcome Center and Museum webpage for status and hours.
Sports and Facilities
- When not being used for Grove City Parks and Recreation activities, the following baseball and softball diamonds are available for rental by approved organizations or walk-up usage on a first-come, first-served basis: Windsor Park fields 7, 8 and 11; Fryer Park East 1-4 and West 1-4; and Evans Park.
- Outdoor shelters are available for reservations and are open for walk-up usage when not reserved.
Childcare and Preschool
- Visit the P.A.R.K. page for information on the before-school, after-school and summer child care programs.
- Visit the RecSchool page for information on the preschool program in the Gantz Barn.
- June and July classes are available for registration. Check out The June-July Source for details.
- Looking for ideas to keep you and your family engaged as you stay at home? Check out some of our suggestions on the Source at Home page.
- Parks including amenities and paths are open to the public from dawn to dusk unless otherwise noted. Please use your best judgement, practice increased hygiene efforts and be respectful of other people’s space. If you feel ill, please stay home.
- The Big Splash is open for season pass holders only.
- The Splash Pad at Fryer Park is currently closed due to mechanical issues. It will reopen once repairs are complete.
This is a dynamic situation, so all policies are subject to change without warning. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding.