The City of Grove City residential leaf collection is Monday, Oct. 16 through Friday, Dec. 15. The city is divided into four areas, each assigned two collection weeks and crews service each street once during the designated week(s).
IMPORTANT LEAF COLLECTION TIPS
Please have leaves raked to the curb by 7 a.m. Monday of your designated week.
- Leaf collection for each area begins Mondays and may take the entire week to complete. Weather may affect the schedule.
- Help keep leaves out of the street gutter, away from storm drains, ravines and streams.
- Rake leaves to the grassy area between the street and sidewalk or to the edge of your lawn for streets without sidewalks. Leaves will not permanently damage the lawn.
- Relocate parked vehicles from the street, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., during your collection week.
- Leaves in plastic bags cannot be collected.
- Leaves are accepted year-round when placed in yard waste bags/containers as part of regular trash pickup by Local Waste Services.
- A greener alternative is to mulch leaves with a mower to provide a natural fertilizer.
At the end of leaf collection, residents will be asked to bag the remaining leaves and set them out for regular refuse pickup by Local Waste Services.
Visit the interactive Grove City GIS Leaf Collection Lookup App to obtain your collection area.
View and print the 2023 Leaf Collection Map and Schedule.
Whether you pile, compost or bag, review the best practices for protecting water quality and your local infrastructure by the Franklin County Soil and Water Conservation District:
- Keep leaves out of the street and away from storm drains, ravines and streams.
- Always use a leaf-blower to clean pavement.
- Add leaves to composting bins but mix with high-nitrogen ingredients for best results.
- Use leaves as mulch: to slow the growth of weeds and retain soil moisture. Leaves eventually decompose, adding nutrients to the soil and improve soil structure.
For more information, call the Grove City Service Department at 614-277-1100.
LEAF COLLECTION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I find out when leaf collection is for my area?
A: The 2023 Leaf Collection Map and Schedule.
Q: My collection was scheduled for Monday, why didn’t crews take my leaves?
A: Collection crews begin on Monday and work their way through the area the remainder of the week.
Q: Since my leaves were out Monday of my scheduled collection, why were they not picked up by Friday?
A: For more information email or call 614-277-1100.
Q: The leaf crews just collected my leaves, but I have more. What should I do with these leaves?
A: Leaf crews make one pass on each street until the area is completed.
- You may make a request for them to return. We will do our best.
- Another option is to place leaves in a bag or yard waste container, marked “Yard Waste,” and set out for weekly yard waste collection.
Q: Why did the leaf crew push my leaves into the street after we were asked not to?
A: Crews rake the leaves into the gutter prior to the arrival of the leaf vacuum, so they are only in the gutter for a short time. This allows the vacuum to work efficiently.
- Crews frequently stop during the process to empty the leaf vac or fix equipment and will return to collect the remaining leaves.
- If the Crew does not return within a day, call 614-277-1100, and we will follow up.
Q: Leaf crews were on my street yesterday, but my leaves weren’t out yet. Will they return?
A: Leaf crews make one pass on each street until the designated area is completed.
- You may request a return visit, and we will do our best.
- Another option is to place leaves in a bag or yard waste container and put out for weekly yard waste collection.
Q: I saw the leaf truck come through my neighborhood, and it is not our scheduled week, did I miss them?
A: Crews, at times, finish their assigned route early and may work ahead in areas with heavy leaf fall or locations that submitted a return request.
- Crews will return on the scheduled collection week for the entire neighborhood.
Q: My leaves dropped early/late, how can I have them collected before/after my scheduled week?
A: For quickest removal, residents may place leaves in a bag or yard waste container, marked “Yard Waste,” and set out for weekly yard waste collection.
Q: My last scheduled week for leaf collection is coming up, but all the leaves have not yet fallen. Can another week be scheduled?
A: Our crews will continue to collect leaves until the weather prohibits use of the equipment or crews are moved to snow and ice removal. Call 614-277-1100 to request a return collection.