Tuesday, Oct. 20, Home Road is open to through traffic. Please use caution as you navigate the area, work in the right-of-way continues.
The Home Road Improvements project is progressing and approaching the final stages. Improvements include full reconstruction and widening of the pavement at the intersections of Gantz and Hoover Roads, pavement reclamation and roadway widening between the two intersections, storm drainage improvements and the addition of street lighting to the corridor.
Although the signage will indicate the road is fully closed, local access within the closure and access to Gantz Park will be maintained.
It is anticipated Home Road will open to two-way traffic in mid-October with final construction completed by the end of October. Drivers are encouraged to use extra care when traveling through the detour. Detours will be clearly posted. We ask for your patience while these improvements are completed. If you have questions, please contact the Grove City Service Department at 614-277-1100.
Home Road Improvements
The City, with Ohio Public Works Commission funding assistance, will be facilitating improvements of Home Road from Gantz Road to Hoover Road. The project will include:
- Full reconstruction of the pavement at the intersections of Gantz Road and Hoover roads.
- At the Gantz Road intersection, the pavement will be widened and the existing multi-use path will be relocated to improve truck-turning maneuverability.
- At the Hoover Road intersection, the widening will be extended 100 feet further to the east to increase the capacity of the left turn lane.
- Pavement reclamation and roadway widening between the two intersections.
- Storm drainage improvements, including ditch regrading and the installation of a storm sewer with inlets.
- Addition of street lighting added to the corridor.