The Grove City Higher Education Program provides two investment programs for residents attending college or a skilled trades labor program.
- The annual application deadlines are:
- July 1 for fall semester.
- November 1 for winter/spring semesters.
- April 1 for summer semester.
The College Scholarship Program is designed to assist students with the financial obligations of obtaining a post-secondary education.
- Prove residency within the City of Grove City’s corporation limit.
- Attend a participating school and agree to perform 10 hours of qualified community service for full-time students.
- Five hours for part-time students.
- Must also maintain a C (2.0) average per semester.
Full-time students receive:
- $1,000 tuition payment to the student’s participating school each semester (12+ credit hours)
Part-time students receive:
- $500 tuition payment (6-11 credit hours). Each qualifying student can reapply each semester and receive a maximum of $12,000.
The participating schools include:
- Columbus State Community College
- Ohio Dominican University, providing classes at the South-Western City Schools Career Academy, 4750 Big Run South Road (qualifying students may also attend Columbus State’s main, Delaware and regional campuses)
- Ohio Christian University at Grove City Church of the Nazarene, 4770 Hoover Road.
Funding of approved applications is subject to City Council approval.
View and print the Grove City Higher Education Investment Program application, affidavit of residency, promissory note and scholarship agreement.
Submit completed application, affidavit and promissory note to Grove City Clerk of Council, 4035 Broadway, Grove City, Ohio 43123 by the appropriate semester deadline.