What is the Grove City Town Center Designated Outdoor Area (DORA) and how does it work?
Patrons age 21 and older may purchase and enjoy an alcoholic beverage from a liquor-permitted establishment; then sip, stroll, shop and explore within DORA boundaries of Grove City’s historic Town Center.
- Before a patron leaves the liquor-permitted establishment with alcohol, he/she must request a DORA-designated cup.
- Only beverages in DORA cups are permitted and exempt from Grove City’s open-container laws. No cans or bottles are permitted within DORA.
What are the DORA hours?
- 2 p.m. to midnight, daily
- Monday, Oct. 31, Boo Off Broadway-Beggar’s Night
- Friday, Dec. 2, Christmas Celebration
- Purchase an alcoholic drink at a DORA-designated establishment and request the beverage in a specially marked DORA cup.
- You are welcome to take a DORA drink into an establishment that does not have a liquor license. A business owner/operator who does not permit DORA drinks, will display such signage.
- Bring your own alcoholic beverages into Town Center.
- Walk around with an alcoholic drink not in a designated DORA cup (no cans or glass permitted).
- Take a beverage purchased from one liquor-permitted DORA establishment, into another liquor-permitted establishment. You must dispose of your previously purchased DORA cup/beverage before entering another liquor-permitted establishment.
Where can DORA beverages be purchased?
Current DORA-authorized establishments include:
- Blu Willy’s
- Grandstand Pizza
- Grove City Brewing Co.
- Hop Yard 62
- Local Cantina
- Novacaine Lounge
- Plank’s on Broadway
- Plum Run Winery
- Town Center Pub
- Zassy’s Taproom
The map designates the boundaries of the DORA (perimeter signs in place) and the liquor-permitted DORA establishments.