The extension of Columbus Street and new at-grade railroad crossing will allow for the redevelopment of the adjacent parcels and provide connectivity to the former Beulah Park site. The improvement will consist of a new public roadway, ancillary infrastructure improvements including storm sewers, waterlines, streetlights and sidewalks.
Additionally, this plan will incorporate a public plaza, a public parking lot with underground stormwater storage and other streetscape amenities to enhance the Town Center experience and serve as a gateway to the Beulah redevelopment.
The project limits for the at-grade railroad crossing extend along the existing CSXT mainline track at Grant Avenue to a proposed crossing northeast of Front Street where the Columbus Street extension will be located.
Thursday, April 15 a waterline tie-in, associated with the project, is scheduled from 8 to 11 a.m.
- Structure demolition is complete.
- The temporary gravel public parking lot is now complete and open for use.
- Crews are installing a waterline extension this week
- Storm sewer installation will begin on Tuesday, April 6 on Meadow Lane and complete Friday, April 9. Meadow Lane will be reduced to one lane during this installation. Two-way traffic will be maintained with a flagging operation.
- Major excavation and embankment for new parking lot and future alignment of Columbus Street
- Contract Duration: January 2021 to November 2021