The City contracts with Local Waste Services to provide weekly curbside collection of solid waste, recyclables and yard waste on the same day. Residents of Grove City and Jackson Township must use Local Waste Services for this collection.
- The service is billed quarterly, directly from Local Waste Services.
- Accounts are set up by calling 614-409-9375 or by using the Local Waste Customer Service Portal.
- First-time users must register.
- Seniors can take advantage of a discounted rate.
- If you are the head of the household and at least 62 years old, you can register for a 10-percent discount with a valid identification showing birth date and proof of residency, e.g., utility bill, etc.
- Call Local Waste Services 614-409-9375 to register.
Visit the interactive Grove City GIS Refuse Pickup Day App or download the Trash Collection Schedule/Map, to determine your weekly collection day.
- Single-family residences are serviced by Local Waste Services.
- Trash, recyclables, and yard waste should be set at the curb on your collection day by 7 a.m. but no earlier than 5 p.m. the day before your collection day.
- Within 24 hours, return such containers to the rear or other inconspicuous location on the lot, per Ordinance 725.07(a).
- Multi-family residences (apartments and condos) are serviced by a private service of the owner’s choice. Contact the property manager to get accurate information regarding your service if you live in a multi-family complex.
- Commercial occupancies are serviced by a private service of the owner’s/tenant’s choice.
Collections of Holidays
Local Waste Services observe the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- If a holiday falls on or before your collection day (Monday-Friday), service is delayed for one day that week only. Friday collection will take place on Saturday.
If the holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, there will be no change to your regular, scheduled pick up.
Preparing your materials for proper collection.
If materials are not properly prepared, your materials may not be collected.
- All trash must be placed in resident provided bags or approved containers.
- Each bag or container must weigh less than 50 pounds.
- A rolling trash cart may also be available for rent.
- This charge is set up directly with Local Waste Services, call 614-409-9375 for additional information.
Do not place these items in the trash:
- Appliances containing Freon (refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners).
- Lead-acid batteries (car and motorcycle batteries).
- Liquid waste, including used motor oil and paint.
- Yard Waste
- Explosive items, radioactive waste and other materials that could be dangerous to the workers collecting your trash.
Proper Disposal of Dangerous and Difficult Materials:
- Needles and “sharps”disposal information can be found on the Columbus Public Health website.
- Household Hazardous Wastesuch as fluorescent light bulbs, lawn chemicals and old gasoline disposal information can be found on SWACO’s website. Prescription Drug disposal information can be found on SWACO’s website.
- Furniture, carpeting, mattresses, box springs and other bulk items will be collected with the regular trash when placed at the curb.
- Any upholstered items (including mattresses and box springs) must be wrapped in plastic.
- To learn more about what is acceptable in your trash; and how to properly dispose of or recycle items that do not belong in the trash, please visit SWACO’s website.