The Sewer Maintenance Division is responsible for the repair and maintenance of our sanitary and storm sewer collection systems.
- The sanitary collection system is comprised of over 197+ miles of sewers, ranging from 8″ to 48″ in diameter and 4,600 manholes.
- The storm system contains over 6,800 catch basins along with 183+ miles of sewers, ranging from 12” to 48” in diameter.
- The City completes the cleaning and repair of 30-40 catch basins each year.
- Maintenance duties include video inspection, washing, cleaning and structural repair of sewer mains and manholes.
- Cleaning catch basins (storm inlets) helps ensure debris (leaves, trash, grit, etc.) does not accumulate within the system and cause surface flooding.
View the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Map.
View the Stormwater, Wastewater Sewer & Sanitary Sewer Maintenance information.
- For more information email or call 614-277-1100.
Curb Can or French Drain Cleanout
The homeowner is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning (removing debris) of their curb cans. This procedure should be performed twice each year on each curb can, helping reduce the risk of basement flooding and/or standing water at the curb.