The Public Service Department takes pride in assisting residents, maintaining our infrastructures and amenities while continually striving to enhance and improve the community.
The department oversees the following divisions:
- Fleet Maintenance
- Parks and Building Maintenance
- Street Division
- Storm and Sanitary Sewer Division
- Traffic and Street Light Division
- Trash/Recycling/Yard Waste Pickup
- Urban Forestry
Public Works First Responders perform a wide range of services including:
- Emergency calls for events such as tornado’s, high winds/storms, blizzards, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of roads, street and traffic lights, leaf pickup, snow removal.
- Oversite of the weekly curbside rubbish and recycling pickup vendor.
- Maintaining 30 city parks, buildings and vehicles.
- Engineering, construction and maintenance of City infrastructure, including streets, water and sewer lines and “City right of way” utility construction.
- Manages Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) General Permit under the directive of the Ohio EPA.
In 2021, the Grove City Public Service Department was awarded Full Accreditation from the American Public Works Association.
- The distinction is currently held by only six other agencies in Ohio and 202 in North America.