Team sports are a great way for children to stay active while developing important social and organizational skills that offer life-long benefits.
Grove City Parks and Recreation offers recreational sports that teach teamwork and sportsmanship, and encourage a healthy lifestyle through fun, safe and positive experiences for players of all skill levels. All sports are co-rec except basketball, which features separate leagues for boys and girls.
Youth participants sign up as individuals and receive uniform shirts. Register for youth team sports during the designated registration month in person in the Kingston Center or online.
|Team Sport||Month of Registration||Age/Grade||Season (Practice & Play)*|
|Little League Baseball||February||Ages 5-17||Late March/early April through July|
|Fall Baseball||June||Ages 5-17||Early August through October|
|Volleyball||August||Grades 3-12||Mid-September through November|
|Basketball||October||Grades K-12||December through March|
* Dates subject to change based on cancellations or postponements due to weather or other unanticipated events.
Are finances a barrier or would you like to help all children to have a team sports experience? Call the office at 614-277-3050 for information on the Youth Sports Scholarship Program for eligible residents.
Youth Sports Safety
Ohio state law requires athletes, coaches and parents to review and sign off on information related to concussions and sudden cardiac arrest.
Other Team Sports Opportunities
- Bally Sports partners with Grove City to provide basic T-ball, soccer and basketball instruction for ages 3-4 in local parks and schools. Watch for information in the Source and register with Bally.
- Preschool build-up sports programs led by JumpBunch are offered through Parks & Rec. Check the Source for details and register with Grove City Parks and Recreation.
- Grove City Buddy Ball offers a baseball experience for youth and adults who face challenges that affect their ability to participate in traditional baseball leagues.
Other Youth Leagues
- GCKA offers team sports options for school-aged children in Grove City:
- Girls’ softball
Grove City Little League Baseball Board
The Grove City Little League is supported by dedicated volunteers who facilitate the Grove City Parks and Recreation Department’s goal to provide a positive developmental baseball league for the youth of the community.
Grove City Little League Baseball Board members are expected to:
- Attend and participate in regular board meetings.
- Assist with tasks and special projects.
- Acknowledge and respect differing points of view of league participants, other Board members and City of Grove City staff.
- Be present during games a minimum of one evening per week in an official capacity.
- Support the organization’s commitment to the ideals of good sportsmanship, team play, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority.
- Remain sensitive to the physical and emotional well-being of all players in the league.
Have the time and passion to volunteer and support youth baseball? Complete a Grove City Little League Baseball Board application during an announced submission period.