Grove City Parks and Recreation preschool programs foster physical, mental and cultural development for children as young as 2. Participants are exposed to a variety of experiences as they grow, learn and develop personalities while discovering their interests.
- Programs are detailed in The Source section of Discover Grove City magazine, published bi-monthly.
Grove City Parks and Recreation teams up with Bally Sports Group for basic sports instruction for preschoolers including T-ball, soccer and basketball at Grove City and SWCSD facilities. Register through Bally Sports.
- Little Sluggers T-ball provides basic baseball instruction for ages 3-4 in Windsor Park on Fridays in spring (May-June) and fall (September-October) sessions.
- Mini-Soccer Stars introduces ages 3-4½ and 4½-5 to soccer in Westgrove Park on Wednesdays, April-May.
- Little Ballers Basketball develops fundamental skills in ages at Highland Park Elementary on Tuesdays, November-December.
RecSchool and Play Tots offer age-appropriate group learning experiences for pre-kindergarten children.
RecSchool Mission: To nurture each child’s self-confidence and love of learning through play, meaningful classroom experiences and a connection to the natural world.
- Licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Located at the Kingston Center, 3226 Kingston Ave:
- September through May.
- Half-day classes one, two or three times per week from 9 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- Ages 3-5 years (based on age on Sept. 30).
Children learn through independent discovery, planned activities, meaningful play and social interactions through:
- an educational experience of art, literacy, music, math and science activities.
- a curriculum aligned with the Ohio Department of Education’s “Early Learning and Development Standards”.
- improved readiness for grade school and beyond by fostering a love of learning, self-confidence, creativity, social skills and independence.
- fostering children’s connection to nature
- Register online