Pickleball combines elements of doubles tennis, badminton and ping-pong into a fun for all ages game. Played by teams of one or two facing off against each other, pickleball is played on a badminton-sized court with a short net using over-sized ping-pong-style rackets and plastic balls.
Grove City Parks and Recreation and local YMCAs teamed up to offer the opportunity for all ages and skill levels to play pickleball on an indoor court every weekday. There is no need to register – just drop in and join the fun. The cost is $5 per day to participate at a YMCA (free for members); there is no cost to play at the Kingston Center on Fridays.
- Monday: noon to 3 p.m., Grove City YMCA, 3600 Discovery Dr.
- Tuesday: noon to 1:45 p.m. and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Vaughn Hairston YMCA, 3500 First Ave. (Urbancrest)
- Wednesday: noon to 3 p.m., Grove City YMCA
- Thursday: noon to 1:45 p.m., Vaughn Hairston YMCA
- Friday: noon to 3 p.m., Grove City Parks and Recreation, Kingston Center, 3226 Kingston Ave.
For more information, call the Grove City Parks and Recreation Department at 614-277-3050, the Grove City YMCA at 614-871-9622 or the Vaughn Hairston YMCA at 614-539-1770.