A Geographic Information System (GIS) is used to catalog, analyze and present information to enhance data accessibility and decision making. The Grove City GIS group maintains a vast array of data available to increase efficiency and support decision making, communication and mapping. These data include:
- Addresses, roads, sidewalks, signs, lights and traffic signals
- Water, sewer, storm and fiber-optic infrastructure
- Park land, tree inventory, trails and equipment
- Zoning classifications, and commercial, residential and industrial areas
- Various data used in public safety response
The GIS group develops tools, maps and resources integrating data from City departments, as well as the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission and Franklin County.