The City of Grove City is a member of the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA).
The Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) deadline for 2021 taxes is midnight, Monday, April 18.
Follow the links below to access General Tax Information, Tax Forms, Tax Ordinances, and Rules & Regulations:
You must file a Grove City income tax return if you:
- Lived in Grove City for any part of the year and earned income during that period. Earned income includes: wages, self-employment income, farm income, income from rental property you own and pass-through income from partnerships in which you are a partner.
- Did not live in Grove City for any part of the year and you earned wages in Grove City from which no Grove City tax was withheld.
- You conducted business in Grove City. Conducted business includes: owned rental property, operated a farm, rented commercial property or performed services as a sole-proprietor or independent contractor, etc. in Grove City.
You do not need to file a Grove City income tax return if you:
- At no time during the year resided in Grove City, and your only income earned in Grove City was pass-through income from entities filing as partnerships and S-corporations for federal tax purposes. The entity generating the pass-through Grove City income, however, must file.
- Are a retiree living in Grove City whose only income is Social Security, retirement payments, interest and dividends. However, you should file the Grove City Tax Exemption form if you have not filed one in a prior year.
View the RITA frequently asked questions for additional tax information.
- Unpaid Grove City income taxes, including those due to mistakes on the RITA form, are subject to a 15% penalty and interest equal to the federal short-term rate plus 5%. Returns filed after the due date, or extended due date, are subject to a $25 per month late-filing fee (maximum of $150). Note: the penalty for employers who fail to remit the tax withheld from their employees’ wages is 50% of the tax that was not remitted.
- All Grove City employers must deduct 2% from employee wages.
These are guidelines, if you have additional questions, please email the Grove City Finance Department or call 614-277-3025. If sending an email, do not include your social security number in the message.