What is GroveCity2050?
GroveCity2050 is an effort to update the City’s plans and policies to proactively shape where and how the City grows. The GroveCity2050 Community Plan contains land use, thoroughfare and economic development recommendations that:
- Build upon the findings of the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission’s (MORPC) insight2050;
- Ensures Grove City is strategically positioned to accommodate the region’s growth and changing demographics, while keeping Grove City economically competitive, fiscally healthy and a desirable place to live, work, play and invest;
- Engages the community in planning for the City’s future.
For additional information, view the GroveCity2050 Community Plan or email the Development Department.
The GroveCity2050 Community Plan contains five Guiding Principles that frame the goals, objectives and actions throughout the plan. They act to reinforce existing policies and articulate community values that guide the plan.
- The City’s small town character is preserved while continuing to bring additional employment opportunities, residents and amenities to the community.
- Quality design is emphasized for all uses to create an attractive and distinctive public and private realm.
- Places will be connected to improve the function of the street network and create safe opportunities to walk, bike and access public transportation throughout the community.
- Future development will preserve, protect and enhance the City’s natural and built character through sustainable practices, prioritizing parks and open space and emphasizing historic preservation.
- Development provides the City with a net fiscal benefit.