The City of Grove City Mayor’s Court now offers Virtual Hearings to allow defendants to dispose of eligible cases via video conferencing, either on a computer or wireless device.
All Virtual Hearings are live.
Cases ELIGIBLE for Virtual Hearing:
- General automobile moving violations
- Defective equipment
- Disorderly conduct
- Possession of drugs and/or drug paraphernalia
- Public intoxication
- Cases already sentenced with payment plans
Cases NOT ELIGIBLE for Virtual Hearing:
- Operating a Vehicle under the Influence (OVI)
- When an attorney or interpreter is required
- Already set for trial
- Prosecutor has exercised his/her right to be heard
- Other cases not listed unless authorized by the Court
Requirements necessary to request a Virtual Hearing:
- A device to access a fast and stable internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- Access to Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, New Edge as a browser.
- A quiet place with little to no background noise (not in a moving vehicle).
- A webcam or a built-in camera to allow the magistrate to see the defendant.
- A microphone connected device to allow the defendant to talk to the magistrate, and a speaker allowing the defendant to hear the magistrate.
- A valid email address, and the ability to scan or email paperwork and/or documents.
- Acceptable form of identification.
Defendants requesting a Virtual Hearing must register at least two days prior to the court appearance date (register below).
Requesting a Virtual Hearing will not guarantee the case will be approved. If the case is approved, an email will be sent. If an email is not received, defendant should plan to appear before the court.
By requesting an online Virtual Hearing, the defendant authorizes the City of Grove City Mayor’s Court staff to contact him or her at the email address and phone number provided (mobile or otherwise). Please understand we may use automated technology (phone, messaging, pre-recorded, etc.) to communicate general correspondence.
Find information regarding:
To register for Virtual Mayor’s Court, complete the form below: