Winter Weather Advisory
The National Weather Service Wilmington reports:
- Accumulating snow is expected tonight into Friday, exptected accumulation is two to three inches
- Cold weather with wind chills below zero are expected Friday and Saturday nights.
Snow Removal Policy
The Public Service Department treats and removes snow from city streets as needed.
- Primary roads are cleared first:
- Stringtown Road
- Hoover Road
- Kingston Avenue
- The removal of ice and snow from sidewalks is the responsibility of the owner, occupant or caretaker of the building/lot bordering the sidewalk. The City appreciates assistance in keeping storm drains free from chunks of ice and debris to prevent backups of melting snow and ice.
Snow Emergencies / Parking Bans
When there is a snowfall of two or more inches and street travel is deemed hazardous, a snow emergency is declared.
- During a snow emergency, no parking is allowed on City streets marked with snow emergency signage.
- Priority and snow emergency roads are plowed first, then residential areas.
- Unattended vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Snow emergencies are declared and lifted by City administration.
Please consider removing vehicles from residential streets not marked with snow emergency signage after a snowfall of two or more inches.
Snow Emergency Routes (north to south)
- Parlin Drive: Liberty Street east to Tareyton Drive
- Southwest Boulevard: Broadway east to Hoover Road
- Richard Avenue: Barbee Avenue south to Columbus Street
- Haughn Road: Columbus Street south to Acorn Court
- Kingston Avenue: Joyce Avenue east to Hoover Road
- Kingston Avenue: Broadway (US 62) east to Moore Avenue
- Broadway (US 62): Civic Place south to Kingston Avenue
- McDowell Road: Southwest Boulevard to White Road
View the Grove City Snow Emergency Route Map
County Snow Emergencies
The Franklin County Sheriff declares and lifts County snow emergencies .
- Level 1: roads are hazardous, drive carefully
- Level 2: roads are hazardous, drive only if necessary
- Level 3: all roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel.
Visit the Franklin County Sheriff's website for the latest snow emergency status.