The Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) administers the City of Grove City's income tax.
Contact RITA at 800-860-7482.
Returns can be filed online at the RITA Website.
The City's Tax Administrator is located at:
Grove City, OH 43123
Please do not send emails with your social security number or questions about your taxes.
You must file a Grove City income tax return if you:
- Lived in Grove City for any part of the year and earned income during that period. Earned income includes wages, self-employment income, farm income, income from rental property you own, and pass-through income from partnerships in which you are a partner.
- Worked but did not live in Grove City and no tax was withheld.
- You conducted business in Grove City. Conducting business includes owning rental property, operating a farm, or performing services as a sole proprietor or independent contractor, etc. in Grove City.
You do not need to file a Grove City income tax return if you:
- Do not reside and your only income earned in Grove City was pass-through income.
- The entity generating the pass-through Grove City income, however, must file.
- Are a retiree living in Grove City whose only income is Social Security, retirement payments, interest, and dividends. However, you should file the Grove City Tax Exemption Form (PDF) if you have not filed one in a prior year
View the RITA frequently asked questions for additional tax information.
- All Grove City employers must deduct 2% from employee wages earned in within the City limits.
- Unpaid Grove City income taxes, including those due to mistakes on the RITA form, are subject to a 15% penalty and interest equal to the federal short-term rate plus 5%. Returns filed after the due date, or extended due date, are subject to a $25 per month late-filing fee. The maximum late fee for tax years prior to 2022 is $150 per year. The maximum late fee for tax years starting in 2022 is $25.
- Note: The penalty for employers who fail to remit the tax withheld from their employees' wages is 50% of the tax that was not remitted.
Follow the links to access General Tax Information, Tax Forms, Tax Ordinances, and Rules and Regulations:
- Grove City E-File Tax Return
- Tax Forms and Instructions
- Grove City Tax Exemption (PDF)
- General Tax Information
- Tax Code
- Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Monthly Hotel Tax Return Form (PDF)
- Hotel/Motel Tax Exemption Form (PDF)
Franklin County administers property taxes; residents may find the following links helpful: