April 2 | Grove City Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Update
Due to ongoing issues with COVID-19 and directives from the State of Ohio, Grove City Parks and Recreation P.A.R.K. and Recschool programs are closed through Friday, May 1.
Download the April 2 Stay At Home Order.
Grove City Parks and Recreation COVID-19 Update
Due to ongoing issues with COVID-19 and directives from the State of Ohio, Grove City Parks and Recreation instituted the following policies and procedures until further notice:
- New Friday, April 3: all basketball and tennis courts are closed.
- All playgrounds are closed.
- The Grove City Skate Park and the off-leash dog areas in Breck Community Park are closed.
- The Parks and Recreation Office in the Kingston Center is closed to walk-in transactions. Staff will respond to calls and emails. For urgent in-person matters, please contact the office at 614-277-3050 to make an appointment.
- The following buildings operated by the Parks and Recreation Department are closed to the public; staff will respond to calls and emails: the Evans Center, Gantz Barn and Gantz Farmhouse.
- The following buildings are closed with no staff: Grove City Welcome Center and Museum, the Eagle Pavilion, Grant-Sawyer Home and Century Village.
- All services provided by Evans Center, including the lunch site and transportation program, are canceled.
- All Little League activities are postponed until at earliest Monday, May 11.
- Baseball and softball diamonds are closed to public use.
- Before and After-school P.A.R.K. will reflect the schedule of the South-Western City School District. 2020-2021 school year registration is delayed.
- The remainder of the youth basketball and adult volleyball seasons as well as the spring season of adult cornhole are canceled.
- The following events are canceled: Gardens at Gantz Volunteers Herb Symposium, Earth Day and Friday Night Grand Slam.
- All February-March and April-May classes are canceled.
Parks and paths remain open to the public. Please use your best judgement, adhere to social distancing (six or more feet between members of your family and other people) and practice increased hygiene efforts. If you feel ill or have a reasonable suspicion you may have been exposed to the virus, please stay home.
This is a dynamic situation, so all policies are subject to change without warning. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Wednesday, March 25 | Temporary Pandemic Child Care
Beginning Thursday, March 26, only child care programs with a Temporary Pandemic Child Care license will be permitted to operate in Ohio, serving only essential workers defined by the state with priority for key health and safety occupations.
Action for Children’s website hosts information for families including an interactive map of the ODJFS-approved Temporary Pandemic Child Care programs in Franklin and the surrounding counties. Action for Children will update the map twice daily as the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services approves new programs and some programs request removal. Families can also submit a help request online or call specialists at 614-224-0222, ext. 299, for help connecting with a provider.
Please refer families and employers that might need Temporary Pandemic child care to Action for Children’s website.
Parks and Recreation Inclement Weather Policy
Grove City Parks and Recreation programs may be canceled due to inclement weather. Please reference this page or call the Weather Update/Information Line at 614-277-3060 for cancellations, delays or program-specific details.
If the South-Western City School District closes due to inclement weather, all classes and programs offered through the Parks and Recreation Department (this includes activities at the Evans Center and Gantz Barn) are canceled.
If poor weather develops during the afternoon, a decision to cancel evening classes and programs is made by 3 p.m. or as soon as conditions present.
In the case of poor weather/driving conditions on Saturday or Sunday, a decision on whether to conduct programs and classes is made by 8 a.m. on Saturday and noon on Sunday.