Ohio Department of Transportation Traffic Updates
I-71 from Stringtown Road to SR 665 | Lane Restrictions
- I-71 will be reduced to one lane in each direction nightly between Stringtown Road and Greenlawn Avenue from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for bridge work. The ramp from I-71 south to I-270 east will be closed. The detour is I-270 west to US 62 to I-270 east.
Expected completion is Friday, Oct. 28.
- The ramp from I-71 south to SR 665 will be closed from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for earthwork. The detour I-71 south to US 62 to I-71 north to SR 665.
Expected completion is Wednesday, Nov. 2.
Download the ODOT South Outerbelt Interchange Reconfiguration information.
White Road Closure | Friday, Nov. 4 to Saturday, Nov. 5
Weather permitting, White Road will be closed under I-71 from 8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 4 to 8 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 5 while crews demolish part of the I-71 bridge overhead. The detour during this closure is White Road to McDowell Road to Stringtown Road to Buckeye Parkway to White Road or reverse.
The bridge demolition work is part of the I-71 widening project between Stringtown Road and SR 665.
From Stringtown Road to I-71 south, a temporary ramp is in place during October to early November. A concrete barrier separates drivers on the ramp from the work zone and through traffic before they merge with mainline I-71 south.
The project, which began last year, is widening both directions of Interstate 71 between SR 665 and Stringtown Rd. and is expected to be complete in 2017.
Boo on Broadway Road Closures & Restrictions:
- No vehicular traffic or parking from 3 to 9 p.m.
- Broadway south of Grant Street to Grove City Road
- Park Street from Arbutus Avenue west to the first driveway west of City Hall
- Grant Street closed from Broadway to Front Street, access available via Columbus/Mill Street
Town Center Improvements
Construction on the brick crosswalks is scheduled for completion in early November, weather permitting.
- Grant Avenue at Broadway and the parking lot west of Broadway is closed through October. Columbus Street will be open for access to the Grove City Library parking lot.
- After the work on Grant Avenue, Park Street and Columbus Street (Mill Street) 500′ west of Broadway will close for one week.
Download the Town Center Parking Map, updated October 2016.
The final phase of the construction on the promenade will continue through the end of October.
- The City Hall parking lot is now one way southbound between Park Street and Grove City Road.
While measures are underway to minimize the impact to businesses and the public, restrictions are in place limiting the use of rotating parking areas. Restrictions to traffic on Park Street, Grove City Road and Grant Avenue may arise as the work progresses. Access will be maintained to all local businesses; however access points will vary based on the phase of the work.
Parking options are changing due to the construction for Broadway Station, a 120-unit, multi-family development behind City Hall. Visit the Pizzuti Companies website for more information on the project.
Download the Grove City Town Center Redevelopment Parking Lot Improvements Map, May, 2016.
Drivers are encouraged to use extra care when traveling through the construction zones. We appreciate your patience as we look to complete this significant investment to enhance our community. Please contact my office at 614-277-1100 with any questions.
Gantz Road Improvement Project
Part I of the Gantz Road improvement project is from Stringtown Road to just south of Brookham Drive. The improvements include curb replacement, resurfacing, street lighting upgrades and installation of a bike path from Stringtown Road to Ohio Avenue on the east side of Gantz Road.
Part II of the Gantz Road improvement project includes the construction of a roundabout at the intersection of Gantz Road and Brookham Drive. This will go out for bid later this summer and is expected to commence in the fall.
Download the Gantz Road Improvements Map.
Drivers are encouraged to use extra care when traveling through all construction areas. All construction is weather dependent.
Construction and road closure updates will be sent via the “From the Grove” E-newsletter and on the City’s Facebook and Twitter pages. For additional information, call the Grove City Public Service Department at 614-277-1100.