The City of Grove City, Ohio State University Extension and Franklin County are sponsoring a free workshop series from 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays Nov. 2, 9, 16 and 30 in the lower level conference room at City Hall, 4035 Broadway.
The program is a comprehensive, pre-purchase homeownership series designed to assist prospective home buyers in achieving their dream of owning a home.
- Learn about budgeting for a home and understanding their credit status.
- Network with lenders, insurance agents and home inspectors.
- Learn about the home-buying process.
- Receive information about financing options including grants, loans and cost-assistance programs.
- Participate in a one-on-one budget/credit counseling session with a Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-certified counselor.
Participants must attend all four workshops and participate in the budget counseling session with a HUD-certified counselor to receive a HUD-certified Certificate of Completion. The certificate is often required to apply for down payment/closing cost assistance programs and/or grants. Referrals for assistance also will be made to applicable organizations and grants for income-eligible participants.
Download the Ohio State University Extension Home Buyer Education Workshop Series flyer.
Participants must register by Thursday, Oct. 27, call 614-247-1983 or visit http://go.osu.edu/HBEGroveCity.