Grove City, OH 43123
Hours: M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Town Center Commercial Revitalization (TCCR)
The Town Center Commercial Revitalization (TCCR) Grant Program is now a reimbursement program, part of Grove City Ordinance C-29-13.
Created in July 2001 through Grove City Ordinance C-43-01, the Town Center Commercial Revitalization (TCCR) Grant Program serves local businesses, non-profits, not-for-profits and building owners. The program acts as a reimbursement fund for commercial buildings and core area properties’ improvement projects. At its inception, the program was aligned with the 1987 Downtown Redevelopment Project, and later it aligned with the 2008 Grove City Town Center Plan.
Download the TCCR Boundary Map
- An applicant must be the property owner or business owner of an eligible business within the eligible area to apply to the Town Center Commercial Revitalization (TCCR) Grant Program. Any property owner, business, non-profit and not-for-profit organization within the Town Center, see the TCCR Boundary Map, may apply to the program. Grove City Council may grant an exceptional circumstance for properties within 400 feet of the program boundary. Non-profit and not-for-profit organizations must have 501(c) status to be eligible. All applicants must be up-to-date with their real estate property taxes and be in good standing with all local, regional, state and federal taxing authorities. Ineligible businesses include national chains, sexually oriented and check cashing businesses, governmental and quasi-governmental agencies and other businesses determined by City Council to be contrary to the goals and objectives of the Grove City Town Center Plan.
- Only eligible projects or improvements will be considered for funding. Eligible projects typically include four (4) different types of improvements. These are: 1) Exterior updates to facades, 2) Exterior updates to maintain the Town Center’s character, 3) Utility improvements and 4) Exterior and interior improvements that will protect the life, safety and welfare of the occupants and building structure. For more information, visit the Eligible Projects webpage.
- Applications must be completed in full with all required materials to be considered for approval.
- Applicants must have all necessary permits (such as a Certificate of Appropriateness or a Sign Permit) approved in order for approval of the TCCR Eligibility Application.
- Grant funds will not be disbursed until a completed TCCR Reimbursement Application, documentation of payment, photographs of completed projects and any other necessary documentation has been submitted to and approved by the City.